Intoxication caused by psilocybin and related compoundsincubation : short (30 minutes to 4 hours).
Toxic compounds involved : molecules of the psilocybin, psilocin and lysergic acid family.
Signs of intoxication :
- drunkenness, anxiety up to panic, memory loss, nervous excitement and euphoria, narcotic effect;
- sometimes nausea, dizziness, vomiting;
- visual and auditory hallucinations;
- convulsions, and at very high doses, coma which can become fatal.
- Usual treatment of nervous disorders
Responsible species :
Species of genus Psilocybe, in particular Magic Mushroom, and of genus
Pholiotina, and genus
page updated on 25/06/15