Intoxication by species of genus Paxillus
Incubation : less than 6 hours
The toxicity of this mushroom, wrongly considered harmless for a long time, is linked to certain immunogenic strains, whose repeated consumption causes an allergic reaction over time. The allergic reaction then results in a brutal destruction of blood. Apart from this, the ingestion of raw or undercooked specimens also causes poisoning, but of a different type.
Signs of intoxication :
Digestive disorders, followed by heart and circulatory disorders.
Death can occur through cardiovascular collapse.
Take to hospital immediately
Responsible species :
page updated on 25/06/15