The rhabdomyolytic poisoning syndromeIncubation : long (from 1 to 3 days). No sign of intoxication during that time.
This poisoning seems to be caused by an excessive consumption of the Golden Tricholoma or the Yellow Knight , leading to the destruction of striate muscles, and in some cases, to death. These mushrooms have long been believed to be harmless, and are still consumed in large quantities in some areas.
Signs of intoxication :
- 1st phase (1 to 3 days after ingestion) : general tiredness, weakness, cramps, heavy sweating
- 2nd phase (1 to 2 days later) : degeneration and muscle stiffness that can lead to death by a heart attack.
Responsible species :
page updated on 25/06/15